I ended up spending the day yesterday in Dodge City. A friend called and asked me to go with her to test drive a new truck. We ate at Montana Mike's, stopped by Wal-Mart and Bath and Body Works in the mall and, of course, test drove a truck. (I was the test-rider.)While we were busily eating our lunch, I got a call from my Mom asking me if I knew we were under a severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch.
Nope, I didn't know that.
So, on the way back we changed our route and tried to avoid as much of the storm as we could. We did a pretty good job going between the rain and hail although when we got within thirty miles of home we began seeing a LOT of storm chasers, gawkers, video-tapers and even the KAKE News van. Not sure what they were all looking at, but I grabbed my phone and took a picture of the area of clouds they were all watching. (See image above.)
We got home safe and sound, no problems. No nothing as far as we could tell.
We got some more rain this morning and lots of wind this afternoon, but at least the sun is shining...so far. (Blog update: The sun didn't last long. We're back in severe weather. Rain, hail, possible tornadoes...)
Mike had an interesting afternoon at work yesterday. He told me the mill broke down and they had to scramble to get everything working again. I'm not sure what exactly the problem was, but he said he had grain pouring down all over him for about 4-5 hours. When he came home he had grain stuck to his clothes and in his hair. (And when I say stuck, I mean it was like cracked wheat that had gotten wet, stuck in his hair and on his clothes and dried. It was a mess!)
When I talked to him earlier he told me they were having the same problems today and his boss told him it would probably be a late night. What a great way to start the weekend.
Well, at least it'll be a three-day weekend. Maybe time for some fishing, camping or at least playing frisbee at the park!
I also, FINALLY, got the plants I ordered from Gurney's and need to get them planted as soon as I can. I ordered a mix of hostas for a total of twelve plants I'm going to line my front walk with. They came bareroot and are sitting in my refrigerator as I type, awaiting their new homes in my front yard.
And now it's back to watching the radar...
No comments:
Post a Comment