Well, I've started my classes. I'm still waiting on 3 books so I'm a bit worried about getting the first week's assignments done on time. Virtual college is quite different than anything I've done before. I continually feel like I'm forgetting things. I've got everything laid out in my calender organizer (online), but I usually still feel like I'm missing something.
I consistently use the Google tools such as calender and documents for organizing, and creating and storing easily accessible items. I've also started using a site called Remember the Milk to make lists (such as grocery lists) to print out. I like the site, too bad Google doesn't have the same thing in their tools.
It's going to be quite a challenge for me to keep doing what I've been doing (keeping my household running and kids taken care of) AND get my schoolwork done. I've only got 4 classes, but there is quite a bit of reading and writing for all of them. Too bad we can't afford a nanny and housekeeper! LOL
I wanted to share a recipe I found not too long ago that has become a favorite of mine (and Josh's). It's easy, quick, fills the kids up and it's not too expensive if you can get a good price on chicken where you live:
Parmesean Chicken Nuggets
Ingredients:
1/2 large chicken breast per person
garlic butter (enough to dip all chicken pieces) – tip: it's best to use unsalted real butter
italian bread crumbs mixed with garlic powder, onion powder, grated Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper (enough to coat all chicken pieces)
I usually buy split bone-in chicken breasts. They're cheap when they're on sale and have a LOT of meat on them. After I cut the breast off the bone, I use the bones for a chicken soup stock.
Cut the chicken up into bite sized pieces – nuggets. Dip the pieces into the melted garlic butter then roll in the seasoned breadcrumbs. Arrange chicken on a large baking sheet (try not to crowd the chicken too much) and bake for 15 minutes (yep, only 15) in a 450 degree oven.
The chicken will be very tender, toasty brown on the bottom and much lighter on top.
I'll never buy chicken nuggets again. You can serve them with dipping sauce if you want to, or ketchup... but they really don't need anything. I found the recipe at Simply Recipes, but it's not the only really good recipe on that site. I hope you try them and like them!
I'd better get going with my day. I've got a lot to do and the morning's already well under way!
Activities I'll be doing today: housework!, schoolwork!, housework!, schoolwork! lol
1 comment:
I hope the classes are going well! As for food - I prefer your chilli :-)
Post a Comment